Sunday, May 10, 2009

4 Years Ago Today




Four years ago today my husband finally joined me on our family's journey to adoption. This was after 7 years of me thinking that we should adopt and many fights, intense discussions, begging and tears. I had finally given the fight over to God in January and KNEW that if he truly was calling our family to adoption he would change Mark's mind. On Mother's Day morning Mark sat me down on our front porch with sun shining on us and said to me, "I need to tell you something. Let's go get the kids". We began our dossier the next day and then our journey came to an abrupt halt in September of the same year. We were sure that it was over and then 6 months ago we were given information and had several things happen that prompted us to resume our journey. We are walking forward trusting that God will continue to guide our steps to our children that are waiting in Kazakhstan and that we are listening and faithful.

3 comments:

Anne Birdsong said...

And Mother's Day next year will find you sitting on the porch with your girls, reunited.

aultfamily said...

I am so glad that God worked on softening your husband's heart to adoption.

My husband and I have each been at different stages regarding growing our family through adoption over the last 6 years. Finally in January '08 we were on the same page and ready to follow God's call to action. Praise God!!!

What a nice Mother's Day gift for you!

MaryAnn

Vonda Kaye said...

It's usually so much easier on us gals to open our hearts to adoption so it should make us even more proud of the men for joining in. And you WILL be blessed for stepping out in obedience. God promises us that. Hoping you hear your dossier is moving on this week!!