Thursday, May 28, 2009

Details

Sometimes we get so caught up in details. International adoption really brings out my insecurities. We were excited on Tuesday when we were told that our dossier had been approved and was on it's way to Astana. Since then I have been checking our FedEx account several time a day to track it. It hasn't shown up. I have imagined that our precious packet of documents has been sitting on someone's desk hidden under other things. Don't they know we're in a hurry????? Finally, today I emailed our ever so patient agency director and asked her if our dossier was in transit. She very graciously sent me a tracking number. I keep telling myself that "it's in God's hands" and then I try to take it back and start to worry. What am I thinking/doing??? Currently our dossier is in Frankfurt, DE and expected to arrive in Astana on June 9th. Yeah, we are getting there step by step.

2 comments:

Vonda Kaye said...

Thank the Lord that He is taking care of the details! And guess what?!?!? You are so normal! We have faith, we worry, faith, worry... normal, yet shame on us, right? I have a feeling God is being patient with us.
Speaking of your package location worries... if you've ever read Frank Peretti's novels This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness, you can visualize heaven's angels guarding and assisting the delivery of such an important package. I just keep reminding myself that this adoption is important to God also... so no more needs to be said! It's DONE... His way, of course!
Congratulations and have fun tracking that package!

aultfamily said...

Yep, those pesky details are always lurking around making us wonder where in the world (literally) that darned dossier is.

I am visualizing you checking that tracking number the same way a bride would be checking for her fedexed dress days before her wedding! :)