Monday, August 10, 2009

Day One Bonding


We arrived in Ust Kamenogorsk at 2 this afternoon, were taken to the hotel and then went to meet Tanya. Galina will be brought from her orphanage tomorrow to Tanya's orphanage for our bonding. Our impression of Tanya is very good. She is a very gracious young girl. She is shy but made eye contact and answered our many questions. She came over and sat between us and at one point started crying when the social worker was explaining to her what being adopted entailed. For her this is a last hope for a family and a chance in life. The social worker asked Mark and I many questions about why we wanted older children, if we were scared and how our grown children felt about it. After Mark answered these questions she said that if we were OK with it then they were too.

4 comments:

Amber and Alan Herman said...

How wonderful! Tanya is a beautiful girl and looks so much like Galina! I can't wait to see a picture of her!

I have asked my church family to add you all in their prayers, and I am printing off your update daily and hanging it up at work. Everyone here is so excited for you!!!

Love you!
Amber

Scott and Paula said...

Wow! I've got tears in my eyes just reading your post! How wonderful this day is!
Can't wait to hear more....

Susie Gallihugh said...

I am so excited i could pee myself.
I cant believe it's finally happening. What lucky girls. I can't wait to hear about your visit with Galina. What a long journey but worth every moment. WOW!!!! Be safe

All my prayers and love
Susie

Becki Stone said...

Yeah!!! Our prayers are with you! Take care!!:)