Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Permission Needed

Well, it was a very frustrating night last night. It's been a struggle to hold back the tears. I talked to the head of AA and was told that they haven't gotten permission from our girls brothers. Our LOI is ready to be issued but they won't issue it until they get this permission. She told me that the in country coordinator has made a few calls trying to find them but hasn't had any luck yet. We've known all along that this might be a problem but are frustrated because we've also been told several times over the past 5 months that they were going to get it taken care of so there wasn't a delay when our LOI was ready. SIGH!!! God's time! This is very reminscent of our journey 4 years ago which doesn't help my anxiety level. I have made contact with several people to see if I can find the brothers. My nephew got on Russian facebook. No luck. I have sent an email to my friends family that went and found Igor last time to see if they remember any info that might help us locate him again. Not heard back yet. I sent an email to a young lady named Anya who is the daughter of the pastor of a church in Ust. She emailed me back and told me that she has an uncle and cousin who live in the city that Igor was last known to live in. She is checking with them for us. We would also love to have the opportunity to meet the boys when we adopt the girls. We feel it is very important for the girls to reestablish contact and maintain it with their brothers. We also thought that Sasha was going to be our son at one time and would love the chance to meet him and have a relationship with him in the coming years. Alla will be talking again to the in country coordinator in the next few days and will touch base again with us on Thursday. PLEASE PRAY!!!!

A very good friend/coworker shared her morning devotion with me:

Do not let your heart be troubled.

Peace be still.

I will send you a counselor and he will tell you the things from the Father.

3 comments:

JenD said...

we are praying for you!

Vonda Kaye said...

I'm so sorry for these frustrations but I know, along with you, that God has it all worked out. Keep planning, shopping and dreaming!

Jim and Michelle said...

While I know this might seem as only words, remember that God knows everything. Everything happens for HIS glory. We are earthly beings and can't understand what He is doing, but He is doing what needs to be done at this moment. Keep praying, don't stop. Constant prayer does get answered! He knows your hearts and will answer your desires. Our prayers are with you! Keep your chin up. The enemy wants you to loose faith - Don't! God will prevail! Blessings to you!