Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sisters


What is the meaning of a sister? Our daughter Lacey has been asking us to find her a sister since she was about 5. She didn't think it was fair that she was the only girl in our family. Of course, I don't count because I'm a "mom girl". I am blessed to have 2 sisters and they are my best friends and confidants. I don't know what I would have done without them by my side. So I sympathize with Lacey and have made efforts for her to have close relationships with her girl cousins and we even had exchange student girls but it just hasn't been the same. As our adoption journey has lasted 6 years Lacey has been frustrated and sad that we haven't been able to get Galina home. You see she was at the airport when Galina arrived 6 years ago and there was no doubt in Lacey's 15 year old mind that Galina was her sister. Lacey went shopping this past weekend and found some awesome sales. She is my shopping girl. She called me and asked while she was in the checkout if I wanted her to go back and pick up a swim suit for Tanya and Galina. I told her to go for it. When she went back up to the cashier he teased her about having 3 suits and she said "The other ones are for her sisters". She called me all choked up because it really hit her that this time her dream of having sisters is really going to happen!!

3 comments:

Vonda Kaye said...

Wow! I think these sisters look a lot alike! I'm so happy for Lacey as I have sisters also and it is definitely a wonderful thing. So sweet that she was shopping for them. I can relate! Any shopping sales I need to know about?

Kari J said...

I looked at your timeline. It was one month from the time our dossier was sent to the MFA until we received our LOI. so get ready... I am very happy for you and you will be in my thuoghts and prayers.

JenD said...

i nominated you for a blog award...come over to mine to see it. hoping my readers will donate to you. take care