Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dossier Complete

Well, as of yesterday (1/16) at 4:30 p.m. our dossier was in the hands of the FedEx man on it's way to Adoption Ark in California. It was a crazy week of trying to complete it. I left work early on Tuesday to check the mail for the one last document that we needed to go get our apostilles. It was in the mail. I called work and told them that I wouldn't be back. I was on my way to Lansing to the Office of the Great Seal. It was a winter storm advisory but waiting one more day just wasn't in my plans. LOL! I got to Lansing by a detour because there was an accident. When Marcy at the Office of the Great Seal went over our documents she couldn't apostille any of our documents that our credit union had notarized because the notary stamp and the state registration for the people that signed didn't match. Soooo, back home to reprint 10 documents and back to the credit union. Another trip to Lansing on Thursday. Guess what? Another person at our credit union's notary isn't correct. A total of 4 notaries at our credit union had incorrect stamps. Back to the credit union with one more set of documents and the name of the one lady at our credit union that had her notary correct. We completed the documents and they gave us movie passes and a gas card for all of our inconvience. I took our packet of documents to our small group on Thursday night and plopped them in the middle of everyone and told them "we need to pray over these". I also shared with our group that I want them to pray for a "miracle day" of March 10th that the girls know we are coming. This was the first time Mark knew that I was requesting this of God and he thought it was awesome! On friday, Lacey returned with our documents and they all passed! I had worked a midnight shift on Wednesday night and had been able to sort, copy and organize the documents that were done. Once Lacey brought me the rest of the documents at work I was able to copy them and get everything completed. I prayed that when I left work I would run in to a FedEx truck otherwise I would drive to Battle Creek and hope to meet the deadline to get it sent on Friday. As I was driving down the main road there was a FedEx truck. I followed him to his next box and he took our precious package. Then I passed 2 more trucks on the way home. LOL! I guess God was letting me know I can trust him in the little details. Now we wait to see if our dossier is approved by AA.

No comments: